Monday 6 March 2017

The year 6 Whakangahau


As we lined up outside in our groups my stomach filled with butterflies but i was also a little bit excited. Why do i have to be in group 1 I thought.

We went inside and sat in our seats while the music ended and Mr Ritai spoke “Good morning ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and then spoke a few sentences in maori and said “your year 6 badges this year have the word Tu Kaha on them what does that mean kids”  then some kids said “stand tall” “and they look like this” then showed a badge to everyone. i welcome group tahe’s videos some videos went by and then edens video was up (who was sitting next to me) and then she blocked her ears and turned around and looked at me and i then said it's over and she looked up  and about 5 videos went by and then next my video came up and my head fell down and slapped on my hand. The rest of the videos played and then Mr Ritai said “thank you for those videos” then told group 1 to stand up and come up and shake Mr A and Mrs McAs hands. When i shook Mrs McAs hand she said “welcome to your first and final year” .Then we watched this video on kid president. It was so funny. We then moved on and eventually we reached the second groups videos. When it was a random person's turn all they would do is look away or block their ears like Eden and even shut there eyes. ”Thank you for those inspirational videos” said Mr Ritai , “now could you please stand up and come and earn your badges. All and all there were 3 groups that received badges that morning. Although some of us were embarrassed we were proud we all got our badges. I even see all the year 6s wearing them in class, including me.



No comments:

Post a Comment